Lawyer with many years of experience in public administration. Graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University in Bialystok and University of Warsaw Postgradual studies in legislation.
A PHD student at the Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw, where she teaches Consumer protection in the Internet.
In years 2012-2014 as an Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Administration and Digitisation she was responsible for telecommunication, post and EU funds.
She started her career in 1999 in the Ministry of National Education. From 2004 to 2010 she held a position of a Head of Legislation and EU Law Unit in the Office of Electronic Communications. From 2010 to 2012 was working as a Director of Telecommunications Department in the Ministry of Infrastructure.
Over the period 2012 – 2014 she held the position of Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Administration and Digitization, charged with tasks of nation-wide range, i.e. the digitisation of terrestrial television in Poland, the development and implementation of the state strategies in the area of broadband Internet construction (National Broadband Plan) and Operational Programme Digital Poland 2014-2020. She also performed the tasks related to the owner supervision over Poczta Polska S.A (Polish Post).
For many years she has participated in work related to strategic programmes as well as the legislative changes in European law and national law resulting from those programmes. The following documents have been created under her guidance: National Broadband Plan and "A Guide for road managers." She is the author of many amendments to the telecommunications law, including the recent large amendment to the Act - Telecommunications Law of 2013.
Amendment of the telecommunications law assuming:
- Strengthening the protection of the rights of consumers of telecommunications services,
- Time shortening for phone number transfer to one day,
- Data retention period reduction from 24 to 12 months,
- Facilitations in the access to services and facilities for the disabled people,
- Higher efficiency in spectrum management,
- Facilitations for the undertakings running telecommunication business as well as the new regulations referring to the provision of telecommunication infrastructure.
- The Act has implemented within the scope of its regulation the Directive 97/67/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council dated the 15th of December 1997 on common rules for the development of the internal market for postal services in Community and the improvement of the quality of services,
- Performing the tasks related to the owner supervision over Poczta Polska S.A (Polish Post).
Amendment to the Act on broadcasting services:
- Audiovisual services with regards to the amendment of the Act dated the 29th December 1992 on broadcasting services (OJ 1993, no. 7, item 34 with later) - as regards the implementation of the Directive 2010/13/EU on audiovisual media services on demand.
- Supervision and coordination of tasks performed by the intermediate and implementing body related to EU funds in the Operational Programme Innovative Economy, within the scope of actions 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, as well as VII Axis related to E-administration projects,
- Preparation of documents related to the Axis 1 of Operational Programme Digital Poland (development of broadband Internet),
- Negotiations with the European Commission with respect of implementing in Poland projects in the field of E-Administration in the Operational Programme Digital Poland.
Achievements on the international forum:
Responsible for preparation of Poland for the elections to the ITU, Council, as well as for the campaign of Magdalena Gaj for the post of Deputy Secretary General. Both campaigns concluded with success. Poland remained a member of the ITU Council, the polish candidate gained a support of 1/3 of votes, which was the best result obtained by a polish candidate so far.